There is so much going on at Balerno Farmers Market this weekend. Come down to Main Street and Ogston Hall to join in the fun. The market runs 9am – 1pm Saturday 14th November. Scroll down for more info on our Stall holders this month, Apple Day activities and our great Apple Day Raffle.
STALL HOLDERS THIS MONTH
Arran Cheese – a huge selection of fresh Scottish cheese
Balerno High School
Balerno Theatre Company – Jack and the Beanstalk tickets and an appearance from Buttercup the Cow
Bellfield Organics – fresh organic fruit and veg from Perthshire, box delivery service available
Cedar Cottage Country Foods – home produced pork
Falko Konditormeister – traditional German Konditorei cakes, gâteaux, pretzels & sourdough breads
Edward Collin Fish Merchant – fresh fish
Friends of the Pentlands – Pentland calendars
Harmeny School – homegrown vegetables and bike repairs
Laura’s Hot Bites – tasty hot food ready to eat
MaRobert’s Sauces – Authentic and tangy Tanzanian sauces
Monarch Deer Farm – delicious fresh Scottish venison
Potty Plants – a great range of potted and bedding plants
Tipherith Trading – organic Jam, firewood and compost deliveries
Toots Sweet – cakes, bakes, marshmallows, scones and more
Total Swimming – local swimming lessons for children aged 3+
Windshiel Farm – beef, pork, lamb and mutton
And entertainment from The Caleeire Buskers
IT’S APPLE DAY
Our yearly celebration of the humble yet diverse wondrous apple is here once again! Fun and entertainment for everyone, whatever the weather.
- Bring your own apples and make your own juice with our amazing apple press.
- Enter our Apple Pie Contest, great prizes to be won. All ages welcome. Bring your apple pie entries to Ogston Hall by 1030am for judging. Enjoy apple pie slices and take apple pies home with you.
- Traditional, Scottish and cold-climate fruit trees available to buy.
- Expert growing advice from Apple Treeman, and bring along your own apples for identification.
- Children’s Crafts – Apple Printing * Apple Spin Art * Coffee Filter Apple Art (in Ogston Hall)
- Face Painting by Funky Faces 10am-12noon
- Apple Tales from Nicola Wright, Storyteller. 10am – 1130am (in Ogston Hall).
Big thanks to Eve’s Apple Shack in Juniper Green for all their advice, delicious apples and support in the run up to Apple Day.
Nip up Main Street to The Letterbox Bistro on Saturday, where you’ll be able to buy delicious homemade toffee apples all made with locally grown apples. Huge thanks to the Letterbox as all proceeds go towards the Village Trust.
APPLE DAY RAFFLE
We will also be selling tickets on Saturday for the great Apple Day Raffle. Some great prizes to be won including –
- Dinner for 2 at The Grey Horse
- Coffee and cake for 2 at The Mill at St Joseph’s
- Bottles of wine
- Special Treats from Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel and Country Club
- Vouchers for the Riccarton Garden Centre Cafe
- Bath and beauty products
- Delicious cupcakes from Tam’s Tasty Treats
- Arran Cheese Hamper donated by John Muir Country Store
- Voucher for the Kinleith Arms
More to be added ….
If you would like to donate a prize to the raffle please get in touch. All proceeds from the Apple Day raffle go towards the Balerno Village Trust and helping the continuation of local events such as the Farmers Market and other great community projects.
Come along and join in the fun. Balerno Farmers Market, 9am – 1pm, Saturday 14th November.