Calling all Mary Berry wannabes…..
To celebrate the 10th Birthday of the Farmers Market we’ll be holding the Great Balerno Bake off. If you think you can make the best Victoria Sandwich using Mary’s recipe, the lightest scones or are a dab hand at making birthday cakes, this one is for you.
There are three categories
- Technical Challenge The recipe for this technical challenge cake is given on the competition rules and must be used to enter this category
- Victoria Sandwich using Mary Berry’s recipe
- Signature Challenge Your signature bake using the recipe that you do best and never lets you down.
- 12 Scones- savoury, fruit or plain
- Show stopper Challenge Something a little special, that stands out from the crowd.
- Farmers Market 10th Birthday Cake
- Junior (<11) 12 decorated small cakes (cupcakes/muffins/mini-cakes
- Junior (11-16) 12 decorated small cakes (cupcakes/muffins/mini-cakes)
How to Enter:
The competition is open to everyone and you can enter into as many categories as you wish. The cost to enter is £1 per entry.
Baking should be delivered to The Community Centre, Balerno between 9:00-9:30am on Saturday 9th May, ready to display.
If wanted cakes can be collected at 12:00, after this any cakes remaining at the venue will be sold and proceeds given to Pitchfever toward a 2G pitch in Balerno.