Community organiser (16 hours per week)
Funded by the Scottish Government and Community Funds from Harlaw Hydro, Balerno Village Trust is recruiting for a Community Organiser (16 hours per week) to work with the Board and Volunteers to make Balerno a better place to live work and visit. We are looking for a highly motivated person with a strong and demonstrable community spirit who is committed to working with volunteers to develop the community.
The key objectives of the role are:-
- Empower the community to help itself through the creation of sustainable development projects and activity
- Inspire members of the community to volunteer for projects which create and enhance community.
- Ensure that the Farmers Market thrives as a prime opportunity for developing community cohesion
- Promote and develop Balerno Village Trust, building strategic relationships, strong networks and a high profile;
- Work with the Directors and others to ensure that BVT’s track record for creating inspiring and popular events and projects grows.
- Increase the financial sustainability of BVT through development of income including in particular through social enterprise, grant income and through income in kind.
Closing Date for applications is Monday 25th September.